Upgrading PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the Asus is the most used motherboard with the i5 2500k and has the best results as well as the best ratings on many websites.
So I think I'm gonna go with that, probably order all the parts on Monday and then should get it by the end of next week.
Thanks for all your help guys, much appreciated :D

I couldn't be bothered waiting, just ordered it now :D
Delivery estimate for all the components is the 16th-18th so shall update you then.
Also, I can run some tests like 3dmark if any of you would like an idea of performance.
Thanks for all your help guys :)

webby93, quit double posting, use the edit button (looks like a pencil).
Double posting? I was responding to bpm. Why would I want to use the edit button to respond to a comment, I'm not trying to modify what I have already said. .
And now I've said this, you or someone else will probably moan that I've triple posted or something, but no, now I'm responding to your comment.
Seriously, whats wrong with posting, its not like i'm spamming the forums, and I'm pretty sure out of your 6,608 posts, you have been in my situation many a time.
And also, no-one else moaned just you.
Just saying.

Now, so you can't moan that this is a pointless comment I am going to have all the links to the components I bought, just as a updated list incase people are interested (which bpm and FairPlay actually are)

CPU - Intel i5 2500k http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294

CPU cooler - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 pro Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 CPU Cooler: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Motherboard - Asus P8P67 Pro ASUS 1155 P8P67 PRO REV 3.0 S/L: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Memory - G-Skill 8GBXL 1600MHz G-Skill 8GBXL Ripjaws X for Intel Sandybridge Platforms DDR3 PC12800 1600MHz 8GB Kit: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Case - Thermaltake HAF 932 COOLER MASTER RC-932-KKN5-GP HAF 932 Advanced MicroATX/ATX/E-ATX Full Tower Case (Black): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Once again, thanks for all your help guys :)

Post #21 and #22 were both yours (until the merge) and within a few hours of each other if I recall, it would be best to drop this topic now ;)

Funnily enough you have ended up getting very similar components to myself and is a popular choice. I've noticed that Amazon seems to out-do Scan at the moment too which is funny haha, though scan still hold a wider range. Are you thinking of overclocking at all?

Post #21 and #22 were both yours (until the merge) and within a few hours of each other if I recall, it would be best to drop this topic now ;)

Funnily enough you have ended up getting very similar components to myself and is a popular choice. I've noticed that Amazon seems to out-do Scan at the moment too which is funny haha, though scan still hold a wider range. Are you thinking of overclocking at all?

Yeah, the similar components were one of the factors that got me in buying these parts, knowing that there would be a lot of support from the guys on the forum.
And overclocking I will definitely do, but not as much as the CPU can cope with. I don't like reducing the lifespan of the parts a whole lot so minor tweaking here and there is what I'm into :D

As long as you have the Unlocked Core Sandy Bridge i5, you should encounter little problems when overclocking. Though if you don't know about it I wouldn't give you any advice, there are other people on the forum who are more suited to help you out in that area than I am.

Good choices on everything :)

And also, no-one else moaned just you.
I would have if he hadn't, though I have a reason in that I get email notifications of new posts, it's annoying to get two emails instead of one. Otherwise I've never seen the issue with double-posting if there's more to add.

Do you think you'll need help with OCing it? How high do you plan to go? I suggest 4GHz as a minimum, that's very easy to reach (and perfectly within the confines of your heatsink). We can help you, also here's a decent guide, helps with the terminology and such:
P67 Sandy Bridge Overclocking Guide For Beginners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom