Is this a good DIY PC kit for a video editing build?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slickdaddy96

Beta member
What do you all think about this New Egg Deal: Newegg.com Build

I have not had a desktop in a long time since my last one broke. I need one for my son for educational stuff, but my main usage will be converting DV tape from our camcorder to DVD with some effects probably using Sony Vegas most likely. I know that 6 cores is useful in video editing/conversion. I would run Windows 7 Professional on it because I have access to an .edu version for $30.

What are your thoughts on this combo? I don't need it for gaming because I have a PS3 and my son won't be playing any graphic intensive games on it either. Just video editing, and at some point I may put a blu-ray drive in there and hook up my bedroom tv for a blu-ray player.

I think this future proofs me a bit if I want to upgrade to the new bulldozer AMD line later.

Is this a good deal. I don't think I can get the parts I need (unless I wait 3-6 months collecting everything individually on deals) for cheaper than this.

I would go with Yami's recommendation. I recommended the one I use cause I know it's small enough not to interfere with fitting the ram. But after reading the reviews on this I think it's the better choice.

I would go with Yami's recommendation. I recommended the one I use cause I know it's small enough not to interfere with fitting the ram. But after reading the reviews on this I think it's the better choice.

Does the CM 212+ work with an AM3+ motherboard? CM's website doesn't say it does, and I can find no info saying it does. Also would it even fit in the case since it is so big? The specs say it is 158.50 mm width when in the case, and the case is about 190mm wide. I would think it would fit in there, but I don't know how much room the mother board takes up width wise when mounted. What do you all think? Would I be able to overclock the processor using this cooling system and not fry the processor?

There's plenty of room. And any cooler that fits on AM2, AM2+ and AM3 will also fit on AM3+, they all use the same mounting dimensions.

I would probably upgrade the power supply as soon as possible. The 630 watts should be good but Rosewill isn't a very reliable brand, it has a lot DOA's or dead within the 1st month.

There really isn't a reason that it shouldn't fit.

The bolts on all coolers are the same size. even intel ones.

I doubt you're stupid, but double check you have all the right screws in the package. There should be the packing list that lists everything out. I think coolmaster screwed up.

You should beable to buy the screws at a hardware store.

I just watched a couple videos on youtube installing on am3+ boards.

No I was stupid. I had the motherboard sitting on a table, and as soon as I picked it up realized that the original bracket for the board was still on the back I just pulled it off and no problems. So yeah I was an idiot! :) thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom