PC buying Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please Dont answer the question above. found out NVIDIA is far supperior.

While I happen to like Nvidia better, anyone saying Nvidia is far superior to ATI isn't basing their opinion on facts. Depending upon your budget there are many situations where a ATI card is the better choice. However, without knowing exactly how much money you have to spend on a video card, Nvidia maybe your best choice.

Sorry my budget for a graphics card is between 200-300 pounds. however I did a quick bit of searching and came to the conclusion that the NVIDIA is slightly better for what I am after.
I appologise for using the words "far supperior" but at the time of writing I thought it was by a mile better.
but now i realise it is as patonb says just a handful of frames faster. I think I will stick with the NVIDIA at the moment.
if you know of a better graphics card that is in my price range of 200-300 pounds please tell me, any help is greatly apreciated

ps thank you for posting me the link to the Cataclysm Hellscream, however I think I'll pass it up. I've never played Wow so i think my freinds might think it's weird that I have a world of warcraft designed computer.
trust me I had to get rid of a gears of war mouse pad because of my freinds arguing that I dont play it. but again thanks for the Link i'm going to attempt to customize a system more to my needs using the overclockers website.
I will post the new build and hopefully you guys will tell me which one to go with.

Though I obviously don't know your friends and what they're like, I think when spending this much money on a system that it would be best if you didn't consider their opinions so much. If it fits your gaming requirements (which it may not I'm just saying), go ahead and buy it. This is a whole new computer, not a mouse mat :/

Looking at Overclockers UK it looks like you can build a decent system with a 560gtx using the AMD gaming PC base.

I started custoimizing a system on overclockers and the system seemed perfect and then just before I went to the checkout and realized my £764.06 computer was actually £1067 luckily I saw that. the only way I could put the price down is if I picked a 430 but someone said that oblivion didnt play well on it. so I'm guess ing Skyrim won't play it very well

about my previous comment. I just thought the case did'nt look that exciting and awesome compared to the NZXT Phantom white, I think the case is very important. because I want something that looks like it cost 700 pounds and I want a computer that looks amazing. the Cataclysm did'nt do that.
but i kind of used my freinds as an excuse.

Yha the WoW themed was... meh... Did you try and build a setup like it?

I'll take a boo through the page too for yha when i got a few minutes later today... I should be working right now...

Looking through the site... I'd ring them up and ask if you could switch out the case to something you liked.... OC.co.uk seem very good to deal with.

I'd not be surprised if you couldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom