Thoughts on Building

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3PH3RIDUS

Banned
I have been having alot of troubles that i am trying to fix on my comp now and its getting to be a little too much to bother.

I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me on what the new rage is CPU's and GPU's and R.A.M these days?

I was also thinking about buying a built PC from ibuypower.com but i also wouldn't know about buying one because i have always built my own.

Its been awhile since i have built or bought or even thought about it all.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Depends on what you plan on using the machine for, but the current most common specs:
CPU - Intel Sandy Bridge i3/i5/i7 or AMD Phenom II x4/x6
RAM - DDR3 1600MHz
GPU - Here is the performance list, I'd start at #26 (HD5770) and go as high as you can afford.

I would avoid ibuypower.com machines they don't have a good track record for competence.

Suggest posting your projected budget and what you will use the computer for and let the community make some build suggestions.

I plan on using and building for Gaming at 100%.
Budget wise i am def. looking for about the $1200.00 range after all is said.

I have always used AMD but been thinking about switching to Intel lately due to Intel not doing to bad the last couple of years
or atleast thats my impression.

CPU: open to suggestions
RAM: def. would like to stay at DDR3 for sure (open for suggestions on brands)
GPU: open to suggestions and will check out list and very much appreciated.
Mobo: Open to Suggestions but have been looking into EVGA or ASUS series
Power Supply: def. open to suggestions something that will be able to push everything nicely overall.

I play WoW and FPS's quite often and WoW is primary though
so looking for high frames and great quality.

I don't really want to skimp on too much as far as price it can go a little higher then $1200.00

$1200.00 is for parts just mentioned its just a max i set for myself that's all. I am not worried about a case because i already have quite a few of them that do just fine and push enough air flow for anything. Monitor i am not concerned because i have a couple that vary from 23" to 26" that i will use. As i said before i don't wanna skimp on the items mentioned. Just a cap thats all.

Awesome thanks for the links I will check it out I appreciate the suggestions. :)

Also, how is newegg i havent bought from them before? As far their packaging goes and stuff of that nature I have herd from several others that they had some problems with delivery? Which I am sure that's not the case most of the times but just curious.

I plan on using and building for Gaming at 100%.
I'd take Jason's build and swap a few components.

CPU - i5 2500k, gamers don't get much benefit from the 2600k features.
GPU - Take the $ you saved from the CPU and get an EVGA Superclocked GTX570.

For the rest, the motherboard is fine if you don't plan on overclocking, I've read the LE version of Asus's P8P67 can be lacking in options, assume the same goes for the P8Z68.
If you're going to get an aftermarket heatsink you might want ram with smaller heatspreaders for clearance, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600, same specs as the Corsair, just smaller.

Awesome thanks for the links I will check it out I appreciate the suggestions. :)

Also, how is newegg i havent bought from them before? As far their packaging goes and stuff of that nature I have herd from several others that they had some problems with delivery? Which I am sure that's not the case most of the times but just curious.

imo, newegg is the best.

delivery, packaging, returns, customer service in general is superior.

Awesome thanks guys i really appreciate all the help i think i have gathered all i need from what you guys have suggested. I printing and keeping for next week when i start buying my stuff. I greatly appreciate the feedback and have passed out rep and hope to talk again. =) I will post back when all is ready and let y'all know how it turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom