constantly have to repair wired connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonalwaysready

Daemon Poster
Recently, the only way i can connect to the internet upon windows startup is to open the linksys easylink advisor software and repair the connection. If the connection isnt used, it will shutoff and i will have to repair the connection. example, netflix: good. reading a long news article: repair connection at end. create new thread: repair connection at end.

i dont have any power saving settings in the power part of the control panel settings. Did i do something to cause this and not realize it, or do i have a dieing router?

Thanks,

i have dsl. from the wall it goes to the company supplied dsl router. i have a wireless router that piggybacks onto that. i can direct connect into the dsl router and the wireless router. same problem on both. which makes me suspect i changed some setting on my computer, or that the dsl router is dieing.

Can you check this on another computer? If the other system works OK, it is your computer. If not, the router is spooked.

Have you tried plugging directly into the modem that your ISP gave you, and leave out your own router completely? Just hook 1 computer up to the modem, and see if it works or not. If it acts up, its your router. If it does the same thing.. it's your modem.

i set up another computer and it works fine. so it would appear that it is on my computer.

it will lose the connection whether my computer is plugged into my router or the dsl router.

how do i tell if my nic is dieing or if its software related?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom