HELP! CPU fan connector is dead on my mobo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
why not just drop some cash on a new mobo, you could get better functionality working fans, and a much more calm feeling of safety instead of having your broken mobo to use... nubius is selling his board, unless you want to overclock it is a nice board.

Nubius said:
There is more than one 3pin connector attached to the motherboard. I Infact have the A7N266-VM ASUS motherboard...absolutely hate it...anyway, there is another 3pin connector available that's for the NB fan but I'm pretty sure you don't have a NB fan, so just put your fans connector on that one instead. Why yours all of a sudden died, I have no idea.

ur a mod now...no fair..

Thanks for all of the helpful replies. That's funny, I only saw two 3-pin fan connectors: one for the cpu fan and the other for the chassis fan. The next time I open up my case, I'll look for that mysterious 3rd 3-pin connector.

As for getting a new mobo, I plan on building a new system in the near future (maybe in a month or so?). I just don't have the time to research components and such at the moment.

Thanks again guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom