**MotherBoard help!!!! (XFX nforce 680i mobo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janos20

Solid State Member
I was tired of some of my older computer parts and decided I wanted to change things up but didn't have much money. I traded on Craigslist my motherboard that used AMD and for an Intel board. I then bought a new Intel processor. Now I am trying to get the computer up and running and I cannot get Windows to install. It will load windows files and then move to the black screen that says windows and has the Microsoft Corporation on the bottom. It wont get past this and it won't even load the Windows logo above the "starting Windows". I have gone into the BIOS and reset all the settings and changed the boot order to boot from the CD-DVD rom first. Did I end up with a bad board or am I missing something??? Here is a complete listing of parts I am using.

XFX nforce 680i sli motherboard
Intel E5700 CPU
Nvidia GTX 460 graphics card
OCZ SLI-Ready Dual Channel DDR2, I have 3 sticks, each 2gb
Corsair 700 watt psu
Western Digital HD
not sure of my DVD drive

The mobo is the only component I am not positive was working before, and then the CPU is brand new. The rest of the parts worked perfectly on my old motherboard.

The only error message I am getting is on boot up it says Floppy disk(s) fail (40)

I am a novice computer person, so any help is greatly appreciated

Thats what I am trying to do, reinstall windows and thats when I get stuck on the Windows screen. Also I am using Windows 7 ultimate

ok, it sounded like you just tried to use your previous install with the new motherboard. :p

does your BIOS main page look like this one?
8yGKr.jpg

you see that legacy diskette A? select it and disable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom