Modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

er65nsunny

Beta member
I am running Windows XP, I had a US Robitics modem installed. I then upgraded to Windows service pack 2 and I've had a problem with the modem, It did not show up in device manager but it shows up in the Windows system information connected to com ports 3 and 4 and my internet software could not detect the modem. In control panel under add remove programs it shows US Robotics but I can't uninstall it as it says the modem is not installed. So I tried to install the modem manually, which didn't help. The modem is not on Microsofts HCL so I think this is why it is causing so much trouble. I then purchased a Creative Modem Blaster which is on Microsofts HCL to see if it would work, the modem installed but does not show up in device manager, it shows up in the system information as being connected to com port 5 and my internet software detects the modem and it works fine. I am wondering if their is any way to clear com ports 3 and 4 so that the US Robotics modem won't show up and if this might be why the Creative modem does not show up in device manager. Or should I just leave it the way it is since it seems to be working ok. My only concern is I won't be able to upgrade the modem driver if I need to. I don't want to have to go thru the registry since I don't want to mess any thing else up. I was wondering if their was a software program that might take care of this. I would appreciate any help Ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom