Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - At nearly $8 a pop, are movie tickets still worth it?

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 12:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
PP Mguire
Build Guru

Default Re: At nearly $8 a pop, are movie tickets still worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35g700 View Post
The only time I ever go to the movies is when there is a big title that's going to be like Transformers, Iron Man, etc. I just hope this 3D gimmick blows over sooner rather than later because I'm sick of paying $14 for a 3D only movie and having to wear those annoying glasses and get a headache because of it.
Simple solution...don't buy 3D.

The only time we ever go see a movie and pay for it is when we see a big title. It cost us 12 bucks (that's 2 tickets) to see Harry Potter in 3D (regular showing was sold out) and we snuck in our drinks and candy. Quite possibly the only thing a womans purse is good for. It cost us 9 bucks to see On Stranger Tides. We just go see the earliest movie we can and it's the cheapest on the weekdays. Otherwise it would have been 12 per person to see Potter and 9 per person to see Pirates 4. And there is NO way in **** I'm paying for ridiculous food prices at theaters. I was charged 4 bucks for a 20oz Fanta once and 5 bucks for a SMALL popcorn.

Access to my Plex PM me.

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.