Monitor buying

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindoverMaster

Golden Master
I believe I made another thread on this, but can't find it.

I am looking at replacing my Dell 207WFP (20"). I see imperfections in the screen. Not entirely bad, but little blotches on the screen. I'll just give this to my dad, who is currently on 2 x 17". Plus I want more retail space.

So, I've been hearing that IPS and LED is the way to go. But really, is it any better/different than a regular LCD? I am blue-green color blind. So I won't probably benefit from the clearer colors and such.

I was looking at this: Newegg.com - Acer G235HAbd 23'' 5ms 1920x1080 WideScreen LCD monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1

Cheap, but still good quality. I bought my mom an Acer 2-3 years ago, and she has been fine with it. I think it was a 20".

I'm looking to keep this under $200, and looking for a 23"

Newegg.com - ASUS VS Series VS238H-P Black 23" 2ms HDMI LED Backlight Widescreen LCD Monitor 250 cd/m2 50,000,000:1
Led backlit, 1080p, asus, 23", and under $200.

ASUS RAPID REPLACEMENT PROGRAM

ASUS now covers return shipping as well as shipping back to the end user, and offers free cross-shipping advanced swap for all urgent LED RMAs requiring further expedition. Now you can get a replacement LED as you send your RMA, because good customer service just makes sense. See here for details: ASUS LiveSupport.

IPS panels offers better viewing angles, and better color reproduction.

unless you sit off center while on computer, or are doing critical work that require absolute best color accuracy, I wouldn't worry about it. colors are really THAT much better on IPS panels, definitely worth it to professionals, not so much for average end users.

since youre color blind, the color reproduction probably doesnt matter as much to you, but the contrast and energy savings of the led will probably be pretty nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom