good scheduler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITwannabee

In Runtime
Does anyone know of any good centralized schedulers? I guess it's like a calendar but everyone can see each others so they know when someone is taking a day off at work or has an appointment on what time?

What do you guys have at work?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Do something on a webpage, and you'd be fine. Though you might have to make it yourself....don't know what you think about that.
Check hotscripts.com for something like that.

If you're in an office environment, just use Outlook. Outlook wasn't designed just for email (infact that's a minor part of Ourlook).

If not, and you have a server host that supports databases and ASP, there's calendar scripts available that you could use to create an online calendar. You might have to pay for the built ones, but the free ones will require some work.

Thanks for the replies guys!!! At the moment, we're using some online based calendar and it's really slow and not user friendly. i'll check out the ones that's suggested.

As far as creating my a webpage for a centralized calendar, i don't even know how to design myspace.com =T

That's exactly the reason why i'm here, to learn. =)

Thanks again guys!!!

i was checking them out but i don't think that they are centralized. i'm pretty vague when it comes to explanations so let me try to explain once more.

My office needs a scheduler. all 20 computers need to see each others plans for the week. The reason is so that people will know that they shouldn't take a day off on a certain date because someone else is already out for that day. Another situation is when i have a meeting with someone and needs to use the main conference room, no one will try to have a meeting there as well at the same time. I guess what i'm trying to say is that we all need to see each other's schedule.

I hope that made things a little bit more clear so you guys can help me out more. =)

Thanks in advance!!!

I think i like the outlook idea. Can someone point me to the right direction please. We are using exhange server.

If you're using the MS Exchange Server, don't you guys have MS-Office? If you do, you have Outlook. You're pretty much all set. Whoever setup your ES should know how to configure your office intranet to work.

yes we do have an exchange server, ms-office, and outlook. We went through a consultant for that stuff. I was wondering if this is something a normal person can do? Is it just a configuration in outlook or the server? Please let me know of any good tutorial or a how-to guide.

Thanks a bunch!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom