PC freezes upon startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJ28-2k6

Baseband Member
My pc, almost a year old now is acting up. Everytime I start it up, it freezes. Its not instant, but as soon as W7 is loaded it will freeze in about 2 minutes. So I cannot even run any programs to test it. I really have no clue what to do. I just recently got the mobo replaced, and it was working fine right up until yesterday. Didn't install any new programs or anything. Ideas? Thanks

Western Digital Caviar Green WD7500AADS 750GB
Cooler Master V8 RR-UV8-XBU1-GP
XFX Black Edition P1-750B-CAG9
Sapphire Vapor-X Radeon HD 5850
Asus M4A88TD-V Ebo/USB3
G.Skill F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM
AMD 1090T

If safe mode works fine, then check what programs are starting up at boot (start > type "msconfig" (without quotes) > enter). Uncheck everything and try booting up; see if it still freezes. If not, start adding things one-by-one, rebooting after each and see what causes the freeze.

Also make sure drivers are up to date.

If safe mode works fine, then check what programs are starting up at boot (start > type "msconfig" (without quotes) > enter). Uncheck everything and try booting up; see if it still freezes. If not, start adding things one-by-one, rebooting after each and see what causes the freeze.

Also make sure drivers are up to date.

When unchecking programs, if I check program a and restart, and then check program b, when checking program b should I uncheck program a, or is it safe to check them both?

Uncheck everything under the Startup tab. Reboot into normal mode and see if it freezes. If it doesn't freeze, then start checking the programs, one-by-one, restarting between program being enabled.

So you do this:
Uncheck everything in safe mode
Reboot to normal mode
Start at top of list, checkmark first program. Reboot.
If it froze, disable it, and enable the 2nd one on the list. Reboot and continue down the list.
If it didn't freeze, keep it checked, and check the 2nd program. Reboot and continue down the list.

Uncheck everything under the Startup tab. Reboot into normal mode and see if it freezes. If it doesn't freeze, then start checking the programs, one-by-one, restarting between program being enabled.

So you do this:
Uncheck everything in safe mode
Reboot to normal mode
Start at top of list, checkmark first program. Reboot.
If it froze, disable it, and enable the 2nd one on the list. Reboot and continue down the list.
If it didn't freeze, keep it checked, and check the 2nd program. Reboot and continue down the list.
Okay I am doing this. But do I need to uncheck all windows programs also?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom