Disconecting/Router Restarting When Trying To Play A Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrstinky127

Beta member
Hello Guys, I have Just Downloaded Day Of Defeat Source From Steam Along With Counter Strike Source And Team Fortress 2.

So I Went On To Day Of Defeat Source and Tried to Join A Multiplayer Game However Every Time I Try To Get Into A Game I get Disconnected From My Internet, My Router Basically Restarts Itself, To Be More Precise I can Look At The Server List Its When I Click To Join It And it Starts To Load And It Says "Sending Client Info" Now I Dont Know Too Much About Internet Problems But i Have Been Thinking It Has Something To Do With Ports.
The Router I Am Using is Speedtouch - Thompson ST585 v6. iF You Need Any Help From My Side Let Me Know!

Help Is Much Appreciated!

Just To Add I Play World Of Warcraft And Starcraft 2 And I Do Not Have These Issues With These Games.

You know you only need 1 thread right...?

Anyway... do you have any firewalls? Have you tried to forward the ports that those games use on your router? Are you sure the router actually reboots (look at the lights on it and see if they change any)?

Yes IT defienately Does Restart I have Just Checked it out,the only firewall i have is windows. Do you know how i can port foward the ports ?

A router wouldn't restart under those conditions normally... They usually only restart when they are starting to die.... Or have really crappy software.

A router wouldn't restart under those conditions normally... They usually only restart when they are starting to die.... Or have really crappy software.

Could try upgrading the firmware on it to see if that would help or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom