Windows 7 Mousepad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compscience101

Baseband Member
Is there anyone that knows how to disable the mousepad on a windows 7 laptop. It is extremely annoying to be typing and have the curser move and mess up everything. I have looked on other sites and nobody seems to know how.

It's called a track pad. And there is a FN key that will disable it. You need software to do this as well. What make and model laptop do you have?

Note this is NOT a Windows 7 function but a hardware function. I agree with the suggestions already provided - check your owners manual for the function key assignments, or look at your keys - I note on my Toshiba the F9 key has a little picture of two touchpads, one with a slash through it. So I know pressing Fn + F9 toggles my touch pad on and off.

I found the button to disable it but it dosnt do anything. It is not an F-key it's it's own key up on that row. When I press the button nothing happens. I tried to install the drivers for the trackpad and that didn't work either.

Again, read your manual. I suspect it is a 2-key combination - to intentionally make it harder to accidentally enable or disable the function. You most likely must press the Fn key, Ctrl, or Alt key, or some other key, plus that key you found.

Did some looking on the issue, and it seems it can be a problem with the driver, which requires it to be reinstalled. Here's a few topics on the Dell forums about it:

Re: Touchpad lock issue in Windows 7 32 bit on Dell N5010 - Laptop General Hardware Forum - Laptop - Dell Community

Dell N5010 15R Touchpad doesn't disable and gestures don't work - Laptop General Hardware Forum - Laptop - Dell Community

Make sure that when you run the exe, that's only extracting the driver/setup files. You have to manually browse to where they were extracted to and run the setup file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom