New graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krevra

Solid State Member
So ive been trying to find a new graphics card for my computer since my current one takes up my only pci-e x1 slot QQ. I was going to switch the motherboard but its much more expensive since i dont want to install it my self.
The graphics card needs to be a single slot card with the fan not extending past that single slot GDDR5 and 1 gig. My current card is a Radeon HD 6750, im trying to top that but my price range is from $70-150. Ive been told a few times that Nvida cards tend to overheat and what not so im leaning more towards Radeon though im open to Nvidia.

I will be ordering the graphics card tonight so any advice would be very helpful. My purpose for the graphics card is to run new games of course on high or maxed out settings with at least 1920x1080 resolution.

Why do you need the PCI-e x1 slot? Anything that play new games is dual slot. You should just get a new board that has more PCI-e X1 slots.

Cept im not looking for that since thats more expensive its 50 bucks just to install a processor and i refuse to do the installation my self on my only good computer. Im simply looking for a graphics card when i have money ill just get another mobo though i dont really need one atm.

MSI GTS450, its on-par with your current card. So essentially you'd be paying $130 just to side-grade for a single slot video card. If you want a cheaper single slot you're going to pay with performance.
Everything else I looked at either took two slots, or had a fan that hung over the next bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom