Need a bang for my buck gaming computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that is true, might as well get a decent PSU since they almost never need replacing.

Is the 6770 much different from the 5770?

Trying to keep this build under $500, is there anyway to switch the CPU/motherboard over to the intel side without losing speed? I've always been a intel fan!

Also, I don't know if you can see my sig or not, but will this computer beat my old one?

Overall, yha. The gpu is heads above the 8800gt, and the cpu, while the roughly the same, is still bit better.

I'll look to an intel build, but i got one at just over 500 i though.

What parts do you want to keep? I believe I had spec a decent reusable mobo and 1 stick of ram. If you don't care for overclocking right now and a quad core, I'm sure i can build a $500 intel i3 dual core.

Looking at my intel build at 586, if you dump the good board, and get anb H67 mobo, you can get a cheap one for 54 bucks, vs the 100+ for a P or Z 67 board., Though I wouldn't reuse it in a better build.
Switch the 500Gig blavck for a 320 Blue savces 30 bucks more.
Switch out the case for a 39.00 HEC OR CHEAP Coolmaster, and youre easily under $500.

It's getting there.. but on a budget you can't have everything.

Here's a Anandtech cpu comparisons of the i3 2100 dual core vs an x4.
AnandTech - Bench - CPU

Its actually back and forth in results, and if you are planning to get a better system, aka san i5/7 setup, you can justify a slight cost increase if you are able to reuse it.

I just really hate wasting money by building a system and then shortly after tossing it "away".

But as I'm unsure of your overall goal in the builds.. I'm only just advise to be considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom