Laptop Memory (RAM) question

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanchan05

In Runtime
I upgraded my RAM this morning to 4gb DDR3, from 2gb. It was a fairly new laptop and my first one with 64-bit OS so I didnt really realize that 2gb wasnt enough for a 64-bit OS for casual usage. Anyway, I also wanted to upgrade from PowerDirector 8 to PowerDirector 9, however checking the system requirements, it says that it recommends for 64-bit RAM of 6gb DDR2 or above. So, does 4gb DDR3 qualify as "above" 6gb DDR2?

Between DDR2 and DDR3, the amount of RAM is the same 4GB ≠ 6GB. I would not upgrade PowerDirector right now.

I believe DDR2 & DDR3 is about performance & speed.

6GB has 2GB more memory storage/pointers which can hold more data. The program needs a lot of room/storage to hold its data.

So no.

Ok thanks. And I really wanted that gpu accelerated features powerdirector9 has. The shop also tells me that 4gb RAM units isnt yet available in the Philippines generally (I'd have to order personally via ebay or something) So its quite unlikely to upgrade to anything over 4gb RAM for at lest the next 6mos. Bummer. Thanks for the quick responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom