Help me find the culprit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be V-Sync like Fat.Clown said, since you said when you bring up the Monitor's OSD menu, it doesn't ripple the menu.

Are you going through any adapters on your videocard or cable though?

Looks like it had something to do with the cables. It disappeared for a while after I removed some peripherals from the power strip but came back. Somebody suggested that it might be the monitor cable being parallel to a power cable (which it was since I have the new psu out of the case untill everything is fixed) and after a little rearanging everything is ok now. It definately wasn't Vsync. it was like horizontal ripples of "noise", can't describe it better.

Anyway now some games crash after a while (black screen, monitor light goes orange no signal found. I had that btw for years like tons of other people reported over the net but happened very rarely in specific games like once in 10 days and playing in win 7 solved it) and some others (starcraft 2 namely) started showing artifacts and after 10 minutes or so colours go nuts (screen goes white-ish, menus go black and minimap pink and green). Also temps under load go easily at 80 C now. So I gues I'm off looking for a new gpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom