GeForce 8400 GS turned off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did but it didn't work. Now I unplugged the cable and re-plugged it and it magically worked xD
EDIT : I forgot to ask, is it normal that my Geforce 8400 GS is @ 79C at idle?!!

My GPU is fan-less. It depends on something like a heatsink cooling way. But no it has got no fans and I checked it. I tried to clean it once, wiped the dust out of it, turned the PC on and GPU-Z reported temp as 52C but once I started putting any load on it it went up to 79 C and never went lower than 76C

What case do you have? That card requires you to have decent airflow to cool the gpu.

Being fanless, 72C is normal for an idle temp, and explains why yuou suck gaming. I'd MacGyver a fan to blow over your gpu to cool it off, then see how it games.

I don't know what this case's name is, but it has got only one case fan. So does this mean that I'll be better using my onboard GPU to play? Is it possible to put a fan in this GPU like we change fans of other GPUs?

Yha, until you cool off the 8400, you might find the onboard better.

Whats hzappening, is the 8400 is getting too hot, so it throttles down to col off, killing your performance.

You can take any fan, get one for 10 bucks, and use zip ties to attach it. A 3pin fan can plug into your motherboard and youre golden.

Okay thanks for the advice. Can I put another case fans in my computer case instead? Or it won't work? It's just tying a fan into my gpu won't be easy as I'm not expert at hardware and I might break something.

Okay thanks for your help so far. Appreciated. I was going to switch to onboard as a temporary solution but I'm afraid it might lock up with the nvidia. Is there a possible way to turn off the nvidia one or it's auto turned off when I switch the main graphics device to onboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom