Laptop under $400

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC_Caveman

In Runtime
Thank you, i still avidly looking all afternoon haven't found a better price/performance match to that deal. I will most likely buy this bad boy tomorrow afternoon, but if anyone finds a better deal, please let me know asap.

watch it with acers they overheat easy and they have iffy LCD screens. They've been having more overheating problems then dell lately.

my mom's overheats a lot and her screen is way too dark.

Hey, my 8930 is still perfect. My moms 3yr olds 5xxx is still just fine.

My suggesting is to hit a bestbuy or like place and try out the keyboards... I really find lower end systems have cheap feeling keyboards, and typing on them can be quite annoying.

Hey, my 8930 is still perfect. My moms 3yr olds 5xxx is still just fine.

My suggesting is to hit a bestbuy or like place and try out the keyboards... I really find lower end systems have cheap feeling keyboards, and typing on them can be quite annoying.

That's why I got a keyboard & mouse.

I own an Acer Aspire myself: a $700 one that can play Crysis on all high settings! Acer is good about packing lots of good hardware into a low-price package. The trade-off for this, though, is in quality of construction and customer service.

My Aspire has a somewhat flimsy plastic casing; if you press on the back of the laptop's lid, the casing bends inward, which suggests that it's not very durable. Also, the LCD backlight has a tendency to turn many blacks into greys, so don't expect a perfect display of brightness. As for customer service...I haven't heard good things about it, though I've been lucky enough to not need it.

Check out this Notebookcheck page on your laptop's graphics card, if you're interested. Pay particular attention to the performance ratings at the bottom to get a feel for what it can do. (I hope your gaming will indeed be very light.)

ATI Radeon HD 4250 - Notebookcheck.net Tech

You might also want to Google "acer brand reviews" to get other opinions.

To be honest you could build a decent one for around $400 quite easily or simply get a dell which is the usual solution lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom