Harddrive Required..... and maybe other parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gothch1ck

Daemon Poster
OK so... Laptop harddrives... are like.. alien to me.

I need a decent one at least 60GB.

The thing is, it needs to run silent AND cool. Can't afford extra heat in the tablet I have coming.

I understand there was/maybe still is a bottle neck with SATA speeds (something about the RPM vs Transfer Rates not matching up)

The original model came with usually a 250 GB - 5400 rpm (I believe Sata 1.5 ? ... eh.. so many confusing/conflicting terms) drive, but the model I bought had it's drive removed (for whatever reason) Seen some cheap Sata on Newegg (well.. $40) but wanted to make sure everything was simple as it seems.

So... I need a Cheap, silent-ish, cold-ish running Laptop/Notebook Harddrive, for a HP TX2525 tablet. (Once again, believed to have "SATA 1.5"

Was also wondering if there was a cooler/better CPU to use in it (since it's socketed)

And there are reball services available, and I wondered if anyone knew if the motherboard was compatible with any other Video Card (even though directly soldered in) it has a HD3200 chipset, which massively overheats and causes video disconnect eventually.

Chances are it needs to be 9.5mm tall too, not the 12mm tall ones that have bee coming out (usually larger in size, 750GB - 1TB)

yea i didn't really think they had too much too em really.. just size physically.

Dunno though.. for $40 for a 160GB... hmmm... what are prices on SSD now? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom