Coordless mouse & keyboard gaming problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
yah, that would be great if you would. The above fix seems to have reduced the frequency of my problem, hardly happens anymore (maybe i'm just lucky) but hasn't solved it 100%.

still there?
when i lower the priority of half-life then the lag problem disappears! check out hlsw! it makes possible to switch to windows without losing your half-life sound. then start windows task manager and set the priority of the "hl.exe" process to low or lowest.
then switch back to half-life
keep on fraggin' ;)

Hey, thanks for the post. I'll give it a try.

May all your hitboxes be small ones. May you weild the AK when a CT, and a Colt when a T. My your foes be non-statwhores, non-awp campers on offense, and speak nothing of the words "gay' and 'newbie,' 'noob,' 'noob' or "clever' combinantion of numbers for letters which ironically instantly marks them as a l0s3r that sux0r5. May your cl_cmdrate be unaffected and and be a factor of the frequency of your fps_max.

Yes...I'm a freak.

Happy fragging to you too!

Hi Guys!

I came here because I've got the exact same problem. mouse AND keyboard freeze during gameplay (keyboard freeze isn't that obvious, but also happends simultaniously). The fix above WILL NOT WORK!! And I should know, because I made that fix! It's just to remove mouseacceleration during gamplay (has nothing to do with this problem).. Funny to still run in to it after about 2 years or so by the way :)

Anyway, I'm a different story alltogether because I don't have a cordless mouse or keyboard and I'm also expiriencing the problem.. Usualy, the busier the server (and my screen) the more freezes occur.. Really annoying... I haven't found a fix for this problem, and I hope somebody else finds it this time.. :)

GrtZ..

rfi=radio interference?

i had the same problem with cordles equipment key board, mouse etc. i have to be careful how i explained this because of those guys that are just itching to correct any mistakes made here. so here it goes- cordles euipment are prone to receive RFI radio frquency interference from just about anything out here. a toaster, blenders, power suplyes, cb radio (my case) or the computer it self. depending how strong the rfi is! and the frequency of the rfi generates. my case was severe that the key board and mouse would just go crazy, i purchase 2 filters from radio shack they are rectangular type ferrite core with a black snap on case. i place 1 filter on the key board cord the closer to the key board the better if this does not work well then place the filter close to the pc. do the same for the mouse controler. usually rfi would be pick up by the key board cord etc. this was my case and this is how i fix my problem 100% also i believe pc's would generate some type of rfi's because i could hear it on the speaker of my fm radio and my 50mhz cordles phone. (this is one of the reasons 50mhz is not used anymore)
i'm not an expert on electronics and this is just my theory. i did not research this topic. so please if any body could explain it better then please do.

Found the solution!!! (For me anyway..)

It was EAX! .. Unbelievable, I know.. I had to turn it ON!!!!! and the problems gone... I noticed that the problems got worst not because of the amount of players on screen, but because of the amount of simultanious sounds (and more players USUALY make a lot of noise)!! Then I remembered something about an EAX bug.. I tried it and it fixed it.. :)

Norton Utilities can also cause the problem I read somewhere (the speeddisk util), but it wasn't in my case..

I hope this helps for some others too..

GG & GrtZ...

EDIT:
I'm only talking about freezes in counterstrike here, I had no problems with freezes elsewhere..

... how dare they calling me a virgin techie.. hehe ;)

Hello folks..

I was same problem. Then i install Logitech Advanced Settings Utility (for mouse) and set Tracking Optimization to Speed. I hope that helps U 2.. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom