No Monitor Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDudeThatPwns

Solid State Member
Hey everyone, TheDudeThatPwns here.

I just built myself a computer, with the following specs:

Case - Elite 330 Mid Tower Chassis

CPU - Intel Sandybridge i5-2500 Core i5 Quad-Core Processor (3.30GHz, 6MB Cache, Socket 1155)

CPU Fan - Arctic Cooling Alpine 64 Pro CPU Cooler

Motherboard - Asus P8P67 New B3 Rev Motherboard (P67 chipset ATX, Intel?s 1155 Socket, USB 3.0/Sata 6Gb/s, Dual Lan, Bluetooth & Digi+VRM

Graphics Card - Zotac GeForce GTX 470 1280MB AMP Edition Graphics Card

Memory - G-Skill 8GBXL Ripjaws X for Intel Sandybridge Platforms DDR3 PC12800 1600MHz 8GB Kit

Internal Hard drive 1 - Samsung HD105SI 1TB 32MB SATA (F3EG) 3.5 inch Hard Disk Drive

Internal Hard Drive 2 - 1TB CAVIAR GREEN AV SATA-II HDD (for games)

DVD R/W - LiteOn IHAS624-32 24x DVD-RW SATA LS LT Retail BLK

Fans - Akasa AK-FN057 Apache 12cm Fan (x 2)

Power Supply - OCZ 600W ModXStream Pro Power Supply

My problem is that when I finished, everything powered on, including all the fans and all the LED's.
But, when I plug in either the HDMI or the VGA cable into the back of the graphics card, my monitor doesn't receive any signal.

Is this due to an an ineffective card, or I haven't plugged something correctly.

Another thing to take note of, is that my mother gets power from my PSU through a 24 pin (I think)slot. The thing is there is another ATX connection which is an 8 pin. If I plug another cable to there directly from the PSU, I can no longer turn on the computer, and I have to unplug everything and re-plug it in.

If anyone could help I'd really appreciate it. Buying a new card isn't a problem, I just don't want to buy one if there isn't a problem with it.

Even though you apparently resolved this yourself, a primary purpose of forums is so ALL of us have an opportunity to learn. By stating only "this has been solved" without stating how it was resolved, does no one any good. What did you do to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom