Computer Tower Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBunny-

Solid State Member
What's up guys, Ninja here. And I need some help for a new tower. I already have a monitor, mouse, keyboard and speakers. Only thing I need is a new tower.

The tower I want is one that will run Combat Arms (fps game) smoothly with barely any lag.

I don't know where to start. But, the video card I want is ATI Radeon HD 5770. I know I need to have a better power supply. If you guys could recommend a good power supply that will work with the video card, that would be awesome :).

If you guys could post below and help me with my problem, I'd appreciate it. From building my tower to buying one and modifying it and stuff like that. Thanks in advance.

Oh my bad :) I took it as you just needed a psu recommendation. Are you looking to build a whole new rig? What parts do you have that you will reuse? Do you need a full build?

Oh my bad :) I took it as you just needed a psu recommendation. Are you looking to build a whole new rig? What parts do you have that you will reuse? Do you need a full build?

Well, theres 2 ways. I can either build a new tower but I think that will cost more. And the other is buy an already built tower and customize the parts inside if you know what I mean. The thing is, my parents are like cheap lol; aand they don't want to spend too much money on the tower -.-. I wanna buold it but I don't want it to cost too much. Like under $500 if that's even possible.

Yea it's possible! I'm not as good as some other members at this so I will leave it to them, but building your own is generally the cheapest. I'm off to bed if no one has proposed a build that fit's your budget by morning I will do my best to sort you out one:)

Yea it's possible! I'm not as good as some other members at this so I will leave it to them, but building your own is generally the cheapest. I'm off to bed if no one has proposed a build that fit's your budget by morning I will do my best to sort you out one:)

Thank you very much :)!

Well, I have a post in a thread called cheap build, where i built a rig for $311 with no OS and no dedicated gpu. The system used a amd x4.

I built another rig that was pretty good, without OS, but that was 500idsh and used an i5.

Those 2 are decent builds, and combining the 2, can make a great upgradeable build, use the better case and power supply with the cheaper builds mobo and cpu...

This is a decent place to start for your price range. Just pick up a 5770 and this psu.

So if I get the Athlon II X4 630/760G SuperCombo LE and the 5770 and the PSU you showed me, my tower will be complete? :) oh and another thing; when i looked at the Athlon II x4 630-760G SuperCombo LE, it said the case already had 480W power supply or something like that. But then you said to get the pSU you showed me o.o i'm confused

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom