First build from the ground up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it already out?

Derp.

It's kinda weird. I've only been able to find it on one sketchy website and as part of a prebuilt posted on newegg from ibuypower. Otherwise it is listed as a preorder or just not listed at all as in the case of newegg and tiger direct. It was supposed to come out March 8th. I really don't see it happening anymore now that southern islands is getting so near if it is indeed still scheduled to come out Q4.

as others have suggested, with the amount of cash your putting into this you might as well go with a higher up power supply company.

Ultra X4's are good, but your money is better put into silverstone, seasonic, pc power and cooling or corsair.

Buy the XFX Radeon HD 6990 4GB DDR5 Dual GPU PCIe 2.1 at TigerDirect.ca

Ahem?
I thought it was released, I am wrong?

Also plan to expand to three displays eventually. I think I could live with one for now.

I don't have loads of time. I am sitting here with money and no computer. a half *** laptop I cannot run cs 1.6 over 40 fps with.. It's driving me nuts.

I can wait for a better gpu.. but I do not wish to spend a grand on a new cpu. The i7 2600k SB is stable. I had not done much research into compatibility with my choice of memory, just tri channel seemed like the way to go. I have not been in terms of current hardware for a couple years. I am just trying to go high end so I can add in things as I go.

I found this for my psu, Thermaltake TPG-1200M ToughPower Grand Power Supply. Best choice? 1000w seemed light. I plan to have two cards at least over time.

I am not cheap, what ram should I have? Go high end

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model F3-17000CL11Q-16GBXL

Not my best choice in memory if I went with that mobo?

I honestly chose that board due to wanting the best video power, turned out to be the 6990 currently.

Also the i7 2600k seemed to be the best bang for bucks..

rewrite my whole build if you think its needed but I want to go as high end as possible.

Thanks a lot for the responses so far.

There's no reason for you to go with memory higher than 1600MHz. Otherwise you've got everything right.

Also the i7 2600k seemed to be the best bang for bucks..
If you want bang for buck then get the 15 2500K. The 2600K is 40% more expensive than it, and about 5% faster (and only in programs which take advantage of hyperthreading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom