Updating several machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluespiano

Solid State Member
I suspected that my Dell Optiplex needed a new hard drive. The reason I suspected this was that even though there was very little data on the hard drive, there was very little available space. It is an 80 Gb hard drive, and no matter how much I deleted I would get error messages saying there was only a few Mb of unused disk space. If my problem is not the hard drive, what else could it be?

Anyway, I made an image of the hard drive, then opened it up to replace it. But the connectors are different from any I've seen. I guess I just need to order the very same hard drive, but I wanted to make sure the hard drive is the problem.

Anyway, the drive is Western Digital SATA. Do I go to Western Digital website and find out the specs?

Re: Western Digital hard drive

You don't need to order an identical hard drive, just one with the same capacity (or more, since you probably can't buy 80GB ones nowadays).

Anyway, the drive is Western Digital SATA
If it's SATA then how can the connectors be different from any you've seen?

How many threads do you need to start about the same computer? In your other thread you said you already replaced the hard drive. What is the real issue\problem here?

Adding memory

I have a Dell Optiplex computer with 256 Mb of memory. It runs really slow and will not run some software, such as a printer driver. I have other Dell Optiplex computers with 1 Gb of memory and they run fine. Does it follow that a memory upgrade would help the first computer run better? If so, what memory sticks do I need to buy?

Re: Adding memory

What are the specs of this machine? Such as motherboard, CPU, etc.

I am not talking about the same computer.

Then you need to be very CLEAR on what you are talking about and explain it. Cause from what I see you first started a topic about having a mchine that came with no hard drive and Windows 98. Now you are saying you have the same make and model machine with a low GB hard drive.

Be VERY specific about what you are asking and talking about and dont be so vague. We cant help you if you do not give us information. Giving as little information as possible only leads to confusion, as it already has, and will only get you into trouble.

You're telling me to be very clear and specific. Another forum manager combined five computers into one thread, leading to confusion. I find this hard to work with. I don't see the harm of putting different issues in different threads.

Give us the information we require and we will help you. Otherwise, we get confused with little information. Not that it is in the same thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom