help buying cpu cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

cp0020

In Runtime
ok, so i wanna get an aftermarket cpu cooler but i have no clue which to get that would fit my case. i wanna get the COOLER MASTER V8 but not sure if it will fit cause the stock cooler that came with my phenom II X4 965, i cant seem to find the dimensions for it. and with the motherboard i have the stock cooler is already kind of close to the memory. figured id ask here and see if anyone could help. thanks :)

ps. i have a rosewill challenger case

phenom II X4 965 BE

biostar a880g+ mobo

2x4 DDR3 G.skill sniper

If you have 2 sticks, you could move the RAM to the 2nd and 4th slot.

I can recommend any of the Xigmatek models. As I always get them.

But that V8 does look good.

Thanks bro :) I'll go with the arctic cooling. The zalman is ugly as ****!!! I was gonna go with the cooler master v8 cause it looked ****** and it got great reviews

The V8 is 158mm tall... 6.32". that would leave 1.16" for both side panels, mobo tray, mobo, CPU, and any space behind the mobo tray. My old case (Cooler Master Wave Master) was 7.8" wide and it couldn't hold a Sunbeam Core Contact 120 which is 155mm.

The V8 is 158mm tall... 6.32". that would leave 1.16" for both side panels, mobo tray, mobo, CPU, and any space behind the mobo tray. My old case (Cooler Master Wave Master) was 7.8" wide and it couldn't hold a Sunbeam Core Contact 120 which is 155mm.
i did some research and the cooler master hyper 212+ fits perfectly in my rosewill challenger case (8" wide) and it's 158.5 mm tall. so its .5mm taller than the cooler master v8. but the cooler master v8 is also wider so i dont know about that

The hyper 212+ will allow you to add a 2nd fan for improved cooling, the V8 design does not allow for a second fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom