Power Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyacinthe

Beta member
I just had a quick question to ask everyone.

What is the best way to take care of your laptop, but have it not running when not needed.

In other words. Would it harm my computer if I were to turn it on for like half hour, hour, run somewhere, maybe half hour, hour, and turn it off before I go, than turn it back on when I returned home?

Also I was wondering what turning your computer on and off frequently could do, how could it harm the computer, if at all.

Thanks in advance for your answers, I appreciate them. If you need more detail, let me know, and I will do my best to re explain. Thanks again.

In other words. Would it harm my computer if I were to turn it on for like half hour, hour, run somewhere, maybe half hour, hour, and turn it off before I go, than turn it back on when I returned home?
That's fine. Recommended in fact.
Also I was wondering what turning your computer on and off frequently could do, how could it harm the computer, if at all.
In principle it would cause more wear on the hard drive but it would never actually make an difference.

I thank you for your reply. I appreciate it.

So it seems that turning a computer on and off frequently will not cause any abnormal harm to the system. Thanks again.

You'll most likely replace it before you would notice anything.

It's like starting up a car: that's the toughest part on the car because the sudden surge of energy going through the components; same concept for a computer (minus the gasoline lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom