SSD help (not involved with boot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dowd11

Baseband Member
Hey all I have recently bought an SSD and was planning on using it for my most popular applications while the OS and all other data remain on the 1TB magnetic drive, I have added HDD's before and it would be recognized as another drive but the SSD is not even seen. I did try to search this but everyone wants OS on SSD and couldn't find my problem. Im using Win7

The drive will need to be formatted and you may need to assign it a Drive Letter in Disk Management.

If you open the Start menu, and search 'disk management', you're given the option 'create and format hard disk partitions'. Open this and your SSD should be among the selection of drives - it shows all connected drives, whereas My Computer shows only formatted drives.

Awesome that worked great now a new question. Do you know if its possible to install part of steam on one drive and part somewhere else? I mean can I put Shogun 2 and its brutal load screens on the SSD and the rest of the games on my standard drive?

Awesome that worked great now a new question. Do you know if its possible to install part of steam on one drive and part somewhere else? I mean can I put Shogun 2 and its brutal load screens on the SSD and the rest of the games on my standard drive?
Yes, I've done exactly that, I put Shogun 2 on my SSD whenever I'm gonna play it.

There's a program called SteamMover (google it) which will move Steam games for you, though it doesn't work with Valve games (Portal/2, Half-Life, etc.). I have Steam on my D: drive and move Shogun onto C:, which is my SSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom