My new build

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't need the biggest and baddest, why go with a 6950? You could save a few bucks there if you want.

Geez, I didn't realize DR3 had got so cheap of late.

If you don't need the biggest and baddest, why go with a 6950? You could save a few bucks there if you want.

Geez, I didn't realize DR3 had got so cheap of late.

well, im going to be living in the same house as the person i sold my old computer too soon, i cant have my old computer be better than my new one.... thats the reason for the beefy graphics card. and the plan for this computer is to have it for 4+ years. and im going to try my HARDEST not to modify it too much! plus im saving money in 2 ways by getting the 6950, number one, its just the 1 gig version ( im pretty sure there is a 2 gig version ) and number 2, it comes with a beefy cooler that will let me over clock the snot out of it.

also, no need for a blu-ray drive... at all.

At least with the 2500K you should be able to overclock it a good bit, too.

The 2500K is an excellent overclocker. The Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus should easily get you into the 24/7, 4.5-4.8GHz range. A nicer heatsink could get you in the 5GHz range :D

The 2500K is an excellent overclocker. The Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus should easily get you into the 24/7, 4.5-4.8GHz range. A nicer heatsink could get you in the 5GHz range :D
Really? That thing's tiny!

the hyper 212 plus is an awesome heat sink for the price and size! i didnt know the new series of i5 processors were such good overclockers...

does anyone know the available space for a heatsink the NZXT gamma can fit?

Really? That thing's tiny!

its not that small, it still used a 120mm fan, and throw another one on there for a push pull... problem solved ;)

slaymate, have you read anything about how the 6950s overclock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom