64bit WinXP...anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xcoreyx

Baseband Member
I was wondering if anyone has had the chance to load up the new 64-bit XP and use it at all?I know its beta still..I believe. But if anyone has used itm, please post up and let me know how it is cause I want to dl it after I get my new AMD.

-Corey

I tried it, and without 64-bit software, the only difference is the fact that it sucks in games and it makes your processor run extra hot.

You know, with as many people that complain about Windows having bugs and security problems, it always floors me how many people install the betas. lol. Oh well.

ya...i was just wondering. i figured it would still have many bugs and crap like that.thanks for the reply.

In that case, knock yourself out! As long as you do things on a no-risk environment, you're fine. Test to your heart's content! Microsoft provides TONS of documentation on all their software, though as with all beta releases, you'll probably not get much support. Still, there's a decent stack of stuff in the user newsgroups.

There's no way I'd try an OS beta on my box. That's far too mush of a risk for me.

...:freak:
That's why you do it on a test box, buddy. Why on earth would you install a beta OS on your primary machine? Beta OS's are for subjecting your old (spare/play) machines to torment and torture.

I saw some benchmarks a while back and even running on AMD64's the 64 bit OS did things slower than the good and soon to be old:) 32 bit XP. But like everyone said, it still has many bugs and no 64 bit software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom