HD 5770 & Skyrim

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJamesJR

In Runtime
You think this card will handle Skyrim on full settings? It does Oblivion.

Specs:

AMD Phenom II x4 3.4
ASUS M4A785TD-M EVO MOBO
HIS HD 5770
8GB DD3 G.Skill Snipers @1333
WD Black 750GB HDD

I would say probably not but it's still to early to be sure. I'm sure it will play it nicely but "@ full" depends on the dev, and your resolution.

P.S.

I'm on the market for a new mouse. I have a cheap Logitech that I got from Walmart... It's light, too light for the cord. It's also very loud, clicks, and scrolls. Any recommendations?

Was thinking of a Razor. Though they are a bit pricey for a mouse. Yet I'm also willing to pay for quality, and something I'm going to enjoy. Regardless, would like something heavier, quiet, and with a cord.

Would also like a better keyboard. One that's a bit quieter while typing. Possible LED buttons so I can see them better. I don't need any "extras" on it. Any suggestions?

There are a lot of good mice out there I prefer the Logitech G9 because with the weights you can make it quite heavy. The cord is also cloth wrapped for silence and durability. I personally do not like the shape of any razr mice I have tried but they are very popular.

Best thing to do for the mouse, is go to a PC shop and see if they have any mice on display. Hold them in your hand and see what is more comfortable.

Logitech mice are mainly full-hand mice; they fill up your whole hand, are taller, etc. You move them with your whole hand mainly.
Razer mice, are flatter and longer however. You generally put just your fingers and the back of your palm on them (unless you get one of the "taller" mice), and move them with your fingers/wrist.

I used to be strictly Razer, but I use a Mionix Naos 5000 now. It is wide and fits my hand, has 20g of weights, and can run up to 5040dpi. Couple it with a Mionix Propus 380 mouse pad and you will be in high cotton. I may have gotten mine for a review but I would have no problem buying another one right now.

Newegg.com - Mionix NAOS 5000 7 Buttons USB Laser 5040 dpi Mouse

Newegg.com - Mionix Propus 380 Mouse Pad

And I noticed that my GTX 260 Core 216 is ranked juts about the 5770. Hmmm... I doubt I will get Skyrim but it is good to know I should be able to play it if I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom