Trying to sell my Dell Dimension 4700

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I was doing some research and figured I'd get the opinion of more than one person. So I have a Dell Dimension 4700 with the following specs:

Processor: 3.40 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
16 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache

Drives: 500.10 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
281.76 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

IDE-DVD ROM 16x [CD-ROM drive]
SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-252S [CD-ROM drive]

WDC WD400BD-75JMA0 [Hard drive] (40.00 GB) -- drive 1
WDC WD5000AAKS-22A7B0 [Hard drive] (500.11 GB) -- drive 0

Display: NVIDIA GeForce GT 220 [Display adapter]
DELL E173FP [Monitor] 17.1"

RAM: 2.5GB DDR3

I would think that with this set-up plus an ergonic laser mouse that would get me about $400 at the least. Would like some opinions on this (and if anyone is interested, some offers :D ). Thanks everyone!

I don't think Intel P4's can use DDR3, I could be wrong.
with a monitor I'd probably price it around $175-$200

My old computer had an Asus motherboard that was, kind of weird. It had a 3ghz p4 and had 4 memory slots, 2 slots took DDR and the other 2 took ddr2

The most you should expect would be $200 and most of what you're selling them is the benefit of having a fully working computer. The P4 is what kills it. Its just very old. You're talking about a processor series that started production over a decade ago. Good ram, hard drive space, ect, but with that processor you prolly won't get much for it.

My friend is selling his rig- Q6600 on a Evga 780sli board with 3 9800gtx's and 4gb ddr2-1066 in a mid range case less the psu and drives for 650 and I told him that was too steep. I think the 150 range is right in line.

Well I can guarantee it is in fact DDR3 RAM. I installed a lot of the components myself. I wouldn't think that the processor would kill it too much. It might be an old processor but it runs at 3.4 GHz without overclocking and I bet you could safely overclock it to about 3.8 GHz. This computer runs a pretty fast as it is and with a drive format it will run even faster. I have done some research myself and I found computers with 2.8 GHz single core for about $300. They have the same quality graphics card. I wouldn't say $125 but after my research I would say $250-$300.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom