800$ gaming desktop tower build opinions please and thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks guys i really appreciate it, and that build that fat.clown has and is that internal hard drive 1tb as in 1024gb? if so thats way more than more original build. and fat.clown if i bought that set up exactly (which i might :) ) will everything work in unison as in is everything compatible? again thanks a lot i know when i was setting up my build it took forever.... and i really appreciate the time you must have put in.

thanks guys i really appreciate it, and that build that fat.clown has and is that internal hard drive 1tb as in 1024gb? if so thats way more than more original build. and fat.clown if i bought that set up exactly (which i might :) ) will everything work in unison as in is everything compatible? again thanks a lot i know when i was setting up my build it took forever.... and i really appreciate the time you must have put in.

everything looks compatible to me.

1tb is equal to 1000gb. So double the original one. Like I said though I would recommend a better cpu cooler if you plan on overclocking.

WOW then im going to get that exact build, and im looking at good am3 heatsinks that will keep my temp at an avg level but i cant find any that are $20.00 but thats what i prefer on spending on a cooler. But if anyone has experience with a cooler that is great and not expensive please let me know. oh and i dont care about how loud it is i like to listen to music when im on the computer anyways. again, thanks a lot guys for the replys!

just put together the tower build and i must say im well under budget. i must have saved some money from the hard drive burner deal, the case, and the processor (which im saving $15 on as long as they mean it ends the day after 8/3 i hope.....) here's the serious final build.

processor- Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor HDX945WFGMBOX

case (and btw im not using the psu)- Amazon.com: 10-Bay ATX Computer Case with 550W PSU & 9.84-Inch Blue LED Fan: Electronics

graphics card- Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100283-3L Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Hard drive and burner combo - Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

Operating system- Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - Operating Systems

motherboard- Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-880GA-UD3H AM3 AMD 880G HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

ram- Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

cpu cooler- Amazon.com: Zalman CNPS9900LED Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler: Electronics

thermal compound- Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Arctic Cooling MX-4 AC-MX4 4 gram (g) All-Around Thermal Compound
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!, i posted links so if anybody wants to use this build. the TOTAL SUM = $660
I know i said it would be $800 but thanks to everyones help i have been able to drastically reduce costs while keeping all the necesarry components! THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE WHO HELPED!

i see that you say you aren't using the power supply that comes with the case. but you do not have a power supply unit listed, and I really hope you are NOT using the one that comes with the case.

case in point (no pun intended)

BOOM!
$660 hard earned dollars up in smokes.

thanks again guys! however... i ended up completing my order about 30 mins ago and forgot to check back with you guys. i ended up going with this as my power supply Newegg.com - hec X-Power Pro 600 600W Continuous @ 40°C ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply . i wish i would have purchased the one nasa linked for me =[. here's all the stuff i bought from new egg
processor- Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor HDX945WFGMBOX
burner- Newegg.com - Sony Optiarc CD/DVD Burner 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model AD-7260S-0B - CD / DVD Burners
cpu cooler- Newegg.com - Rosewill RCX-Z100 One ball bearing for over 45000/hrs life CPU Cooler
mobo- Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-880GA-UD3H AM3 AMD 880G HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
hard drive- Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
ram- Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
psu- Newegg.com - hec X-Power Pro 600 600W Continuous @ 40°C ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply

im waiting for my next paycheck to buy the case, some thermal paste, and an operating system from amazon. also i have question, is there a way i could use the stock fan/heatsink from the processor and the cpu cooler? thanks again guys!

Just looked at the cpu cooler that you picked out and I noticed that is is only for a motherboard with a Socket A. Your motherboard has an AM3 cpu socket so it is unfortunately incompatible. There is no reason why the stock heatsink and fan won't work, but if you plan on overclocking I would highly recommend getting a better quality cooler to prevent your cpu from overheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom