New PC-Trans. from PC to PC-Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure that both modules are DDR2? As far as I know, there's no 400MHz DDR2. If both are DDR2, then you're probably better off going for capacity than speed (have both installed).

Also, looking back in this thread, you've already asked this question and it's already been answered by patonb.

Yes both are DDR2 and if one wasn't,it would not have fit in the slot.And,this was a lil add to the other question,just wanted opinions.But,I will just go ahead and keep the one in this puter and for now use the new 800mhz in the new tower.

CPU-Z-single/DRAM Freq=332.2/speed=PC2-6400(400mhz)
JEDEC #1,2,3,=266/333/400 mhz>>>Is what is in THIS tower.That's according to CPU-Z,which I really thought when I bought it 6mo. ago it WAS 800mhz.

Maybe 6mo old,at the most.My new mem. is on my new MoBo,which will be put into my new tower,soon as UPS gets here today.The above is in this pc as I am writing this.And if your confused,lol,think about how I feel now,lol.

Ok,got the tower,all hooked up,mem. in,but,NO VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!Like the monitor is shut off.Cleared cmos,noting even from the integrated video on MoBo.HeLp!!!!!!!!!!!It is also a brand new 1tb HDD.

Nope.Lil thing they call speaker is connected.Light is on like it should,(power on),dvd lights on and opens/closes,I can not figure this one out.Reset cmos a few times also.Mem all installed.Light on monitor,was even on my monitor I am looking at now(back on my old tower at present).only one way to plug everything in so that's not the problem.It is the same if I put my other video card in,nothing on monitors.Soooo,I do not even know if it's booting into bios,as,I see nothing.Next thing I may try is taking my HDD from this tower n put it into the new tower as it is sata also.Will do that maybe in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom