800$ gaming desktop tower build opinions please and thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEE THIS IS WHY I ASK U THINGS, i would have been overclocking one day and then my **** would over heat and prolly get ruined, thanks again! hey also do is this paste something i put on right away or when i feel like its about to over heat?

You put the cpu in the motherboard and then apply the paste on top of the back of the cpu. Then the heatsink fan sits on top of that. Part 2 of the newegg video shows it well. It is installed immediately as you are initially building the computer, not added later.

ok great thanks! also im trying to find the windows 7 64 for a good price and the lowest i can find is 95$. is that the lowest it will probably get?

Thats what I have found as well. Newegg had it as a shell shocker deal a few days ago for $80 but they probably won't do that again for a while now.

**** well thanks for looking aswell. is the os how i connect to the internet? and what is it exactly, like a disk or a chip or some sort of floppy disc? thanks again

The os comes on a disk and you need some sort to use the computer. It's what gives you the user interface to interact with the computer. This includes everything from changing the background to file management. You can't use the computer without one. Windows 7 comes with internet explorer pre-installed as it is the Microsoft internet browser. I personally prefer google chrome because I have found it to be faster. I usually only use internet explorer once (to install google chrome) and then forget about it. Haha. But that's just me. Part 3 of the newegg videos goes over the os install. It is the first thing you do after installing all of the components and ensuring that they work. Once again...great videos in my opinion.

Motherboard- Amazon.com: Gigabyte AM3 AMD 880G HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard GA-880GA-UD3H - $110.00 eligible
Case- Amazon.com: NZXT ZERO 2 Crafted Series Steel Full Tower Chassis - No Power (Black): Electronics $90.00 eligible
Cpu- http://www.amazon.com/AMD-HDZ955FBGMBOX-Phenom-3-2GHz-Retail/dp/B002TQYUAE- - $120.00 eligible
Cpu cooler- http://www.amazon.com/Zalman-CNPS9900LED-Ultra-Quiet-Cooler/dp/B001P1B7B4- $59.00 eligible
Video card/ Graphics card-http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Radeon-DisplayPort-PCI-Express-100283-3L/dp/B0035K6H2C $120.00 eligible
Power supply- http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-CMPSU-650HX-Bronze-Certified-Supply/dp/B002LVUPZQ- $120.00 eligible
Ram- Amazon.com: G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL - Memory - 4 GB : 2 x 2 GB - DIMM 240-pin - DDR3 - 1600 MHz / PC3-12800 - CL9 - 1.5 V - unbuffered - non-ECC: GreenEggstore -$50.00 eligible
Hard drive- Amazon.com: Western Digital 500 GB Caviar Black SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 RPM 32 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Desktop Hard Drive - WD5002AALX: Electronics - $60.00
Thermal compound- Mad Dog Techie Toyz Arctic Silver 5 Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Compound - Thermal paste:Amazon: – $6.39
Os- Amazon.com: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit (Full) System Builder DVD 1 Pack: Software - $95.00
Dvd rom- Newegg.com - LITE-ON DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model iHAS124-04 - CD / DVD Burners - $20.00

= $850.39.
This is the final build hopefully idk if i'm missing anything, but thanks so much nasa you helped out a ton and i really cant wait til i buy it, if you find anything else wrong with the build i would be really appreciative to hear about it. I really appreciate the help nasa. take it easy and message me whenever. oh and i will for sure watch all those videos

:) No problem. I am always happy to help. Let me know how it goes and if you need any help feel free to message me.

WILL DO! hey im thinking of saving 50 bucks on the tower and going with this, do you think it will be big enough? and is the fan going to be enough? and will it have room for expansion at all? say if i ended getting that ssd to add

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom