800$ gaming desktop tower build opinions please and thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to use the ssd the case you picked out has plenty of drive bays and you could easily use both those drives and more. Roark brings up a good point though...it's cool but not anywhere near completely necessary. I personally would recommend Windows 7 64 bit. It is user friendly and provides compatibility for practically every game. Also don't forget an optical drive to install your operating system and games off of their disks. I like this one, it's cheap and gets the job done. More than capable unless you want blu-ray.

Newegg.com - LITE-ON DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model iHAS124-04 - CD / DVD Burners

I think 500gb would be fine for you. Keep in mind that the beauty of building your own computer is that you can always add another hard drive down the road if you do need more space. But for now 500gb should be good.

Thanks nasa! i really appreciate the depth, you guys have noticed things that i didnt even after the 4 hours of compiling this build haha. in your opinion or personal experience, would 500gb be enough to hold Windows 7 64, 2-3 fairly modern internet games such as wc3 Hon and diablo 3, and internet explorer? and would it be pretty slow?

Awesome haha sorry i was typing while u were posting but you answered my question, are you a mind reader?

Haha! Not quite ;) I think you've got a pretty good setup. I would ditch the ssd for now and put that money toward the os. Then reassess the budget and see where you stand. Also if you haven't seen it yet newegg did a very detailed 3 part youtube series on how to build a computer. I think that you would find it very informative.

Thanks again nasa i can feel confident that i wont be missing a crucial "piece to the puzzle" im still waiting on my next ppaycheck to buy everything. also do you think that the saphire radeon is a lot worse the the xfx radeon? because i could use the extra $50 i save and put it towards the windows 7. oh and i will for sure watch those videos because i would not trust myself around a bunch of spare parts and think that i could somehow make it work lmfao

Ummm...video cards aren't really my specialty so I don't feel confident giving you a concrete answer. If it was me I would save the money and get the cheaper one. Hopefully roark or someone else answers here to provide better insight into the matter. What kind of monitor/display are you using? Is it HD 1080p?

Yeah I would definitely watch those videos. They are long but walk you through everything from how a computer works to how to build it all the way through to installing the os and other software. Highly recommended.

im gunna use my hanspree 24' hdtv. i have an hdmi cable i use for xbox but i read that it also connects to the tower somehow? its 1080p and its pretty nice. do you have any experience in using a tv as a monitor? also im still confused on where the hdmi cable will attach, it might even connect to the graphics card. thanks again!

Yup. The hdmi cable will attach to the graphics card and then into your television just like the Xbox 360. I use my home theater projector for a monitor sometimes (can't beat a 120 inch screen. Haha). As long as you have the right video connections anything can be used as a monitor. The tv should be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom