Spam and Spam Filters

KSoD

Call me Mak or K, Mod Emeritus
I just want to make this clear for everyone. Yes more spam has been getting thorough as of late. This is for a very specific reason.

The Spam Filters we had in place are no longer working. They only worked with vB3 and have not been updated to work with vB4 which we are currently on.

We are working on finding a replacement for the Spam Filters to prevent this stuff from making it to the site and seen.

In the meantime I wish you all to report the posts and stay patient. We are working on a solution to this problem. But finding an effective measure is not as easy as everyone thinks.

Regards,
KSoD
Tech-Forums Administration

I had noticed more spam but I thought that was just cos I've been on a lot the past few days. Tbh I'm surprised how little spam there is (that I notice), good to yall's.

If anyone knows of or finds some good vB4.5 plugins/hacks for this, please PM either KSoD or myself about it. The ones we used were awesome and we have yet to find suitable replacements.

Nope. The ones we were using are not compatible with the new versions of vBulletin. We are looking for suitable replacements but they seem to be slow in being developed.

Ah, thought you guys had that sorted as I hadn't noticed any spam, then all of a sudden I noticed a bit of random spam last night XD

Back
Top Bottom