Computer problems - shuts off... sorta

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be, I guess. Try booting into Safe Mode
Start your computer in safe mode
That will rule out most driver issues since it boots with the bare minimum drivers when in Safe Mode.

But I think overheating is still a distinct possibility.

I just find it odd you got a new desk (computers usually go inside those) and then all of a sudden your having issues. You must still make sure air can easily get in and around the tower.

Alright, I opened up the case and cleaned it, took out the GPU and took a look at the CPU. The thermal paste was real bad (it was all "deserted" / "dry"), so I removed it with a business card and put the stuff in again. I am going to buy some new thermal paste. But right now, the idle temp is 40C and while gaming it goes up to around 65C.

Does this seem normal? I also move the computer on top of my desk and left the case open for more airflow.

That is more normal than what you had. I still think it's more or less too little air getting in and around your case, not a bit of dust issues.

That is more normal than what you had. I still think it's more or less too little air getting in and around your case, not a bit of dust issues.

Alright, but the case is a mini and so I can't add more fans. I've opened the case on one side, any suggestions to improve the airflow further?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom