oo Oo Help me out fellas! Found one! but.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gothch1ck

Daemon Poster
HP Pavilion tx2500z is listed right now for a mere $200.

The problems lists a "battery problem, will not start all the time"

Now I have done some research and found that typically this model (tx2000 actually and around it) have a Overheating GPU problem, nearly identicle to that of Microsoft Xbox360s - they get too hot, and pop off the motherboard. (except in xbox case, the mobo flexed in odd ways causing it)

Now I haven't found any "battery problems" to where the system boots up only sometimes - but I may just be searching wrong.

What do you guys think?

I saw a replacement battery (assuming the battery IS at fault) for around $100
I have also found reseach that this type of thing can happen from a "static build up" and it's a simple fix unplugging/detaching a lot of things and turning the power on to use it all up and discharge, then plugging power and all that back in for normal use.

And I've seen a Tx2500z listed as $330 although it doens't have a reputable site and has a title mis spelling that makes me oddly concerned with rip-offs, but is associated with Amazon and amazon returns apparently (or a copy/paste of their policy which means this is even more RED FLAG) ((http://www.altecwebuk.com))

But still.

$200 + $100 battery (if that is the only issue) + possibly doing a Penny/Reheat Trick
or
$330 (and shady) and possible doing a penny/reheat trick...

What do you think?

Do you think the battery problem is just static build up? Or GPU and improperly (ignorant owner) described?
Should I bother with it at all?

Should I buy the one from the site (even though it still makes me think "why couldn't they spell it right, etc" for 330 instead? (since it's not listed as Used, one has to assume "new" -which can also make legal ground if wrong)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom