Internet Explore

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrensen

Beta member
Hi,

I am running windows xp SP2 and when i close down internet explore i get the classic error message. "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Now its not a major problem but its a bit enoying when it does it everytime you close IE down. Especially when you have 3 PC's doing the same thing.

Anyone know how to fix it?

This is usually the result of a plugin error, but just in case:

Go to the Windows Update site and run it, just to make sure you're not missing anything.
Check your processes to see what's happening during the failure.
You can also try doing a system repair to repair Windows, as it is possible during the download of SP2 you got a minor corruption (which was common due to the mass amounts of downloads from the Microsoft servers).

ahhhh,

I have a feeling that its the service pack i downloaded. I got it from a 3rd party site. I have run the updates and still it made no difference.

Any other ideas?

Damn man, don't use ie, get firefox or opera or maxthon( i use it its good never crashed for me)

never ever use IE.
Unless it's absolutely necessary.
Firefox is what I use, Opera and Safari are fine. Anything is better than IE. IE is definetely the worst browser. Never use it!!!

darrensen i may just reinstall windows then and re-do the sp2 then

Iam assuming that you didnt get any error message before installing sp2. In that case, why dont you just uninstall sp2 and reinstall again from a legit source? .You can avoid the OS being reinstalled...rite?

Sign
Codes

Firefox is what I use, Opera and Safari are fine. Anything is better than IE. IE is definetely the worst browser.
When 96%+ of the Internet users run browser technologies designed for IE (and usually out first on IE) it's really hard for web designers to develope for anything else. In the world of professional web developement, it's IE, then Netscape...and if you have time, maybe something else.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stand behind my previous statement about the SP2 download. You got it from a 3rd-party source. Who knows how it could be screwed up. Chances are, either the SP is corrupted, or you have some kind of plugin or spyware that's hanging-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom