Computer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ollithemagicbum

In Runtime
After fixing one problem with my computer yesterday, a new one came up. It powers on but there's no post, no video and the lights on my usb keyboard and mouse don't come on. Everything was working before my new heatsink came in the mail and I put it in. I've tried reseating everything, clearing the cmos overnight while I slept, using only the stock fan with my processor, one stick of ram and gpu. Anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

My specs are i7 2600k, 560ti, 8gb ram, asus p8p67 deluxe, 750 watt psu and 4 hdds.

what heatsink did you buy? Did you use any thermal paste? Did you connect the fan to a power header? Can you post a picture of the heatsink installed?

I got the noctua nh-d14, applied the thermal paste that came with the fan and connected the fans to the cpu fan connector. My computer is apart right now though so I can't get a picture just yet.

How much paste did you use?

Make sure you use all the rubber/plastic washers in the correct spots. Any bare metal that touches the mobo can short the system out.

I use the amount of paste I always do and I reseated everything, there's nothing metal touching. My motherboard and everything turns on, but the monitor isn't getting a signal and the leds on the mouse and keyboard don't come on.

The two red leds on the motherboard says 00 when it used to say the degrees of something, I guess, and it would say AA. It's stuck on 00 now, if that helps anyone who knows this motherboard.

Just an update, I'm pretty sure my mobo is dead. The cpu_led light is red and I have quite a few bent pins in the socket. I'll rma it, I don't think I'll be able to unbend those.

Bent pins in the socket? Why would you RMA it? I wouldn't think accidental damage would be a reason for you to be able to return it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom