Mouse problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

fianftw

Beta member
Hello all,

Here's an issue I been trying to solve with my mouse at start-up.
When I first turn on the computer, for about 5 minutes the mouse can't move left, right, up and down.

I have the Razor NAGA gaming mouse on a big steel pad.
(The one with the number pad on the left side of the mouse.)

What I've done:
1. Cleaned the pad.
2. Blew into the optical part of the mouse softly to get rid of all the dust.

The problem still occurs after all of this which brings me here. I've read this mouse is great for gaming but also has a lot of issues.

Is it a Bios load setting that is wrong or just the mouse that needs to be replaced?
If there is any other option I'd be glad to try it.

Thanks
-Fian

Have you updated the mouse's drivers? Or tried updating its firmware (if available from Razer)? This sometimes occurs with my Lachesis, but it works when I just unplug it and plug it back into the same port.

Also try updating your computer's chipset drivers.

If it still occurs after all of this, try it on a different computer and see if it has the same symptoms. If it does... RMA the mouse.

I'm not familiar with that mouse. I have had wireless mice that were slow to wake from sleep mode and acted in a similar manner. I just assumed a firmware issue would have been present at first use not a developed problem...?

Razer mice have updatable firmware, Thomas, as well as driver updates.

Right, but isn't it unlikely that the issue would not have been present at first use? If the problem developed during use wouldn't it be safe to say it is either the drivers or something degraded in the hardware?

Problem Solved! I never upgraded the firmware since I bought this mouse.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom