computer wont boot please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdaoud

Solid State Member
alright heres the deal ... i have a computer and it just stopped booting .. when i turn it on i can reach the bios and play around with that but when i try to run windows it says something about checking the cable ... so i open the computer switch out the cables make sure the hard drive is good by putting it in a different computer and it runs .. i also took out all the ram and make sure each one worked ... so i made sure every piece of the computer is working properly .. but it just wont boot . also when i turn on the computer once i have to wait at least 30 min and take out the battery so it will boot again .. if i dont do this then the fan turns on but nothing else works

i checked the bios and made sure the hard disk was the highest priority .. and i also removed everything from the computer except for what was essential for the computer to run and still no dice ... my biggest concern is that i can only boot up the computer once ever 30 min ... what would explain this ? ... why do i have to unplug the computer and take out the battery for 30 min in order to boot up????

Any chance the boot order got changed? Sata or Ide? Have you tried the other Ide\Sata channel?

yeah that was the first thing i checked and it all looks good ... what is really bothering me is how i have to wait about 30 min after a reboot for it to run and be able to get into the bios again ... and i honestly have no idea what could even cause this .. im so lost

No need to wait 30 minutes to clear the BIOS... just shut it down, unplug it, removed the battery, put the battery back in upside down, and then flip it and plug it back up.

Can you give us the exact message it displays?

yeah that was the first thing i checked and it all looks good ... what is really bothering me is how i have to wait about 30 min after a reboot for it to run and be able to get into the bios again ... and i honestly have no idea what could even cause this .. im so lost

So after you exit the bios and reboot you have to wait aprox 30 min to re-enter the bios? Sounds like the board may be going if that is the case. How old is your machine? Can you give some more detailed specs for your system?

oh thanks tht will save me loads of time .. and yeah ill take a quick pic of the messages and show post it in a bit .. thanks

So after you exit the bios and reboot you have to wait aprox 30 min to re-enter the bios? Sounds like the board may be going if that is the case. How old is your machine? Can you give some more detailed specs for your system?
yeah maybe the motherboard is bad .. and sure this computer is about 4 years old and its an e-machine EL 1310-01

yeah maybe the motherboard is bad .. and sure this computer is about 4 years old and its an e-machine EL 1310-01

I kinda misinterpreted what you said. I thought it took 30 mins to get the pc back up running, Like it wouldn't post bios until you let it have a cool down. Run with what Trotter said I think he is going to be your best help.

0730111952-2.jpg

ok this is what i was able to get ... but its not everything tht pops up .. i wasnt able to get the rest because i have to wait to boot up again ... Trotter i tried popping out the battery and putting it back in upside down left it for about a min and put it back right ways and plugged the pc back in and still no dice .. i just gotta wait till it will let me boot ... i really have no idea whats going on

also i did check all cables in the pc .. i even replaced the sata cable and it doesnt seem to be working .. i also inserted a system disc and it didnt even recognize it ... the only thing on this screen i dont know about is the update to dmi

oh and i want to stress that when i do try to boot it up right after a successful boot with out waiting .. the only thing tht turns on is the fan and i can hear the hard drive spinning .. but no lights ... and when it does boot correctly all lights work ... idk if this says anything about the problem but just thought id say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom