HDTV Dual Screen Set Up Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

missingno

Solid State Member
I've been trying to set up my television as a secondary monitor for my PC. However, no matter what I do, I can't get my computer to recognize the television as a monitor. I've tried everything I could think of and/or find via various google searches. I've updated the driver, rolled it back to a previous version, adjusted the resolution, used nvidia's force television recognition setting (I think this just for CRT televisions anyway), plugged the telvevision into every possible port (1 VGA, 1 DVI and 1 HDMI on my video card). I also downloaded powerstrip and have been attempting to use it to the best of my ability. Nothing is working! It's extremely frustrating and any help would be appreciated.

Here are my specs:
Windows XP pro SP 3
Pentium Dual-Core 2.70 GHz
3.5GB of RAM
Nvidia GeForce GT 430

and the television is Dynex 1080p LCD

If there's anything I left out that would be helpful, let me know.

Thanks!

If it is a laptop you need to force the output to the TV with a Fn on the keyboard.
And if it is not a laptop did you make sure the TV was on the right source when you tried to connect to it.
Happens a lot, when connected to HDMI put TV to HDMI and check.
If that doesn't work plug everything, put TV in right source with your PC turned off. Then boot up your PC with the TV already on.
See if that works and let us know.

I've tried all the above many times already with no luck. It's a desktop, not a laptop.

Extending the desktop is the first thing I did. I have dual screens set up, one in a standard monitor resolution and one in 1080p resolution (1900something by 1080. I'm not on my home computer right now so I can't check). I also tried setting it to 640x480 and slowly increasing the resolution but nothing showed up even at that resolution. I know it's standard troubleshooting procedure to try the simplest solutions first but I spent 5+ hours with this last night, scouring the internet for solutions and trying everything I could so I'm fairly certain it's not going to be something simple. I wish I could provide a list of all the things I've tried already but there are so many, I can't recall them off the top of my head.

I'll take a screenshot of the display properties when I get home and post them here.

Listen to what paton is saying, sli'ing or crossiring you cannot get your tv to display like thatever.
Just be simple and only put your tv on the second source in tv mode, your first source will be cocomputer only.

Do it like that, and I think you'll acheive what you want, watch football and kill someone on the other screen am I not right ? :D

Nah, the second screen that's activated in my display settings would be the HDTV but there's no signal being transmitted. I'm trying to hook it up so I can stream and play HD content on the television.

Yes, I've tried every possible port. VGA as well. I haven't tried another HDMI cable but I doubt that's the problem seeing as it isn't working with any of the other ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom