SSD Imaging....

Status
Not open for further replies.

C0RR0SIVE

Golden Master
So, I have Acronis 2011, I have a 60GB SSD on my main computer, I use this computer mostly in the winter/colder months when I can afford to do so. I was wanting to backup the SSD, and pull it during the warmer months, and install it on my laptop.
At the end of the warmer months I want to put the SSD back into the desktop and restore the image made months prior.

I have read about Acronis 2011 being somewhat iffy on SSD images. Does anyone have advice for what I should do?

I'm curious about this too, though I don't really see why there'd be any issues when imaging an SSD compared to a HDD (since they're both on the SATA controller... to any software they look identical).

Can always try out CloneZilla. Don't have much experience with Acronis, so I can't say I have any advice to give on that one, unfortunately.

Does clonezilla re-align the SSD partition when the drive is being re-imaged? That is the thing that confuses me, some say Acronis will, others say to use another program to do that then re-image.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom