i have a problem need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

uaeboy

Beta member
i have problem with my laptop i want to format it to win xp but i dont know why i have blue screen in the medel of the win xp loding the drivers i have lenovo i dpad model no y550 pleez help me i want to install win xp serves pack 3 corently i have win 7 home permum thenk you​

Like paton said, give us the STOP code error, as well as the text in all caps at the top of the screen (e.g. UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_DRIVE).

Firstly: is it getting the error when you boot off of the XP CD?

Since it's doing it while loading drivers, is the HDD SATA? Can you enable IDE mode in the BIOS for SATA drives? Your XP CD may be bad as well.

If you're able to get to the setup screen for XP, press R to enter the recovery console, and type in the following command when at the C prompt:
chkdsk /f /r

This will check your HDD for bad sectors and attempt to fix them, if this is the problem.

Also, any reason why you're wanting to switch from Win7 to XP? XP isn't supported anymore, and you might not be able to find drivers for your laptop for XP...

Ah my bad, missed he listed his laptop model, otherwise I woulda checked lol. Thanks for clarifying, paton.

And I meant not supported by MS anymore (or on extended support... so either way, nearing EOL); so drivers aren't guaranteed.

thank you all for the help the problem solved i changed from SATA to IDE then boot up the cd thenk you and soon i will buld my gaming computer and i will need help from you all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom