amd athlon xp or Sempron

Status
Not open for further replies.

sergiofar

Baseband Member
Hi I just recently moved and have become disconnected as far as computer hardware. I want to build my father in law a comptuer and was looking at Fry's, as they usually have good deals on processors. I am an AMD fan (bang for the buck), and I started seeing Sempron deals instead of Athlon XP ones. Can someone tell me if they are any good, and if it they are comparable to Athlon XP or are they more like Duron. Are sempron the next generation? I have two systems right now one based on XP 2500 barton and one XP 2800 barton, and I am very happy with them. Any advise is appreciated.

yes, thy are like Durons. just take a look at there cache size. its prolly half that of the XP's.

if your father inlaw only usess the comp for web, word proccessing, basic stuff like that. he wont need a high end proccessor anyway.

I would highly recommend that you get an AMD Athlon XP processor. Mine, a 3000+, never gives me any problems.

-Dan The Man

Thx for the info, after reading a little on the subject and your input I think I will stick with XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom