$250-$300 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

NASA22

Baseband Member
Hey guys,

So I'm looking to build my first computer for around $250-$300. It would be used mostly for internet surfing, word processing/presentations, music management, and some light gaming. I'm looking for some advice because this is my first time undertaking such a project. I'm thinking that a motherboard with integrated display would be sufficient for my uses so I can save some money on a graphics card. Newegg has some quad-core AMD cpus that look kind of nice. I'm just throwing things out there and would appreciate any advice. Thanks for your help in advance!

I was going to install windows 7 64 bit. But that is another expense. The $250-$300 is my budget for the hardware. I guess it would also be worth noting that I would like to upgrade sometime in the future and install a solid state drive for the operating system and other applications. While I doubt that this will fit into the budget now, it would be nice to have a 6 megabits per second port on the motherboard to have the option be available later. Thanks for your quick reply!

that budget makes it tough to build a computer that could be considered modern and reliable. you may want to consider saving for a little while longer. getting into the $400-500 range will get you a good computer. any quad core out there now, though unnecessary for your applications, would eat half of your budget.

I'd like to keep updated with how this goes because if you manage to build a good computer for $300 then I might be interested in building a new one too, will give me something to do and it isn't to expensive :)

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom