Temps and voltages for an i7 2600k problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
82 degrees Celsius = 179.6 degrees Fahrenheit
I'd :dead: if I was living where you are.
been hitting 100's with high humidity here last week and I could barely get by.

Sorry about the long wait for a reply.

This is how much paste was on the CPU after I pulled the heatsink off.

1st try at paste by Fairfield Falcons Fan, on Flickr

We calculated that it was only 50% covered.

This is how I applied the new paste.

Before putting heatsink back on by Fairfield Falcons Fan, on Flickr

Looking at the picture now it looks really ridiculous but I wanted it to spread out.

The temps are a little better now. I tried the test (an ASUS test btw) and the highest it got was 74C after 45 seconds of 100% load and that was the highest it went.

I did put a fan in front of the case and that seemed to help a bit. I can post a screenshot of the temps later but right now I have to go to bed.

Too much paste, you want just enough to cover the whole heat spreader when the paste is pushed flat, but you don't want enough that it creates a space, paste is only meant to fill the cracks in the IHS and heatsink fan.

^Agreed, too much paste. Also by having multiple dabs of paste like that tends to create tiny air pockets.

You need to get your cpu temps less than 70°C on load. The maximum operating temperature for your cpu is 72.6°C. If you can't do it with the stock hsf, I suggest you invest in a better aftermarket hsf.

The maximum operating temperature for your cpu is 72.6°C.

TCase is not the same thing as the Core Temp. TCase is actually something that is virtually impossible to measure. Using TCase as a quoted reference is meaningless.

TCase is the case temperature of the processor, measured at the geometric center of the topside of the IHS.

While I recommend keeping the temps of a i5 or i7 in the low 70C range, the upper 70's or low 80's won't blow your cpu up. But, in my opinion, if your cpu is running in the high 70's or low 80's then you need to upgrade your heatsink or lower your clock speed.

The 1st paste doesn't look like the 2nd paste, it looks thicker (like Arctic Silver 5).

I like to use the multiple dot method. Use the amount you used the 1st time, just split that amount into sections like you almost did the 2nd time :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom